– To educate, enrich, entertain and reach out to the people of Rossendale, especially young people, by providing the very best resources, teaching staff and experiences available to students of the Performing Arts on an extra curricular basis.
– To encourage the people of Rossendale, especially young people, to perform in and engage with live theatre in order for them to build confidence, develop life skills and fulfil their potential.
– To prepare students for a career in the Performing Arts and train them to a high standard in order for them to achieve this if they so wish.
– To provide a safe, enjoyable and inspiring working environment where each student can express themselves freely through the medium of theatre. (Valley Academy has a strict Child Protection and Anti-Bullying Policy).
– To appeal to all cultures and sections of society, using theatre as a tool for social cohesion.
– To adopt a policy of equal opportunity making lessons in the Performing Arts accessible to all regardless of ability, background or financial status.
– We are honest with ourselves and others, respecting all those who work with and alongside us.
– We enjoy the eclectic mix of artistic talent our Academy brings together.
– We are ambitious and aim high, always looking to fulfil our potential and grow as both a performer and a person.
– We work hard to be successful and to ensure that all involved enjoy the experience.
Meet the Team!
All of the Valley Academy tutors hold Enhanced CRB Certificates and are qualified Matrons for children’s performances. Valley Academy is fully compliant with Lancashire County Council’s Child Employment and Entertainment acts/policies.
Principal – Grant Bromley – BA (Hons) Acting
Grant is a graduate of the Manchester School of Theatre, where he was awarded his BA (Hons) degree in Acting.
Following his training, Grant signed with a London casting agency and now works as an actor and singer all over the country.
He has experience in theatre, television and radio. Grant also has qualifications in Stage Combat.
Grant is employed as Singing Teacher and Vocal Coach at Alder Grange High School. He also provides tuition for those applying for Drama Schools.
Vice Principal – Sally-Ann Bromley
Sally has spent many years teaching English in school, before creating Valley Academy with her son Grant.
Sally also has a wealth of experience within the world of theatre and has performed in many Musicals and Pantomimes over the years.
She is also an accomplished seamstress and creates wonderful costumes for all our productions.
Last but not least, she is the mother of 4 and consequently has an understanding of children of all ages!
Millie Hall -BA (Hons) Dance
Millie trained and studied Dance at the University of Chester qualifying with a BA Hons Degree. She is currently continuing her education by completing a P.G.C.E in Dance. By July 2013 Mille will be a fully qualified secondary school Dance Teacher.
Millie has been teaching Dance to children and adults of all ages in Rossendale and Chester for the last 5 years. During this time she has been a semi professional dancer, her professional accolades include; Push it Dance (U of Chester), RM fusion, In Transit and D.L.N.W.
Millie is also a qualified Zumba instructor and over the last 2 years has been helping to spread the Zumba craze throughout Rossendale. Millie is an award nominated choreographer and has choreographed a number of shows for various amateur dramatic societys. These include That’s Entertainment, Wild Cats and XRAYS. Millie currently teaches Streetdance at Valley Academy.
Charlotte Trained at Stella Mann College of Dance in London for 3 Years qualifying with a Diploma in Perfroming Arts and a Teaching Diploma. She has also gained her Royal Academy of Dance Teaching Certificate (Distinction) and her Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance Tap Teaching Certificate (Distinction).
Charlotte is qualified in Zumba and Zumbatomic (Zumba for Children) and she also has her Level 3 Cheerleading Coaching qualification, not forgetting a foundation BTEC in Dance Movement Therapy (Distinction).
Charlotte has been teaching children and adults of all ages in the Valley for 7 Years but prior to this Charlotte was a professional Dancer. Professional credits include…
Sesame Street Live Germany Tour playing Bert, P &O Cruises Pride of Bilbao Dance Captain/Singer Dancer, Celebrity Cruises Summit and Zenith Singer/Dancer, Jiving Through the Fiftys NEC Arena Birmingham Dancer, Casino de le Vallee Italy Dancer, True Diversity Singer/Dancer and Tribulicious performing as Kylie Minogue.
Charlotte has choreographed a number of shows for various amateur dramatic societys. These include St Thomas Moor Amateurs, Middleton, Rossendale Amateur Operatic Society and XRAYS.
Charlotte has previously taught Dance at Stagecoach Theatre Arts Blackburn and currently teaches at a number of venues in the Rossendale Valley including the McCaw School of Dance, of which she is the Principal, The White Horse Project and Valley Academy. She is also a featured artist in Valley Productions’ Annual Christmas Pantomime.